London WC1R 5ET
“Complex tax issues arising between France and the United Kingdom for private clients”
Thursday 26 March 2020 from 6:00 pm to 8:15 pm followed by a cocktail reception
The Large Pension Room
The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
8 South Square, London WC1R 5ET
The Franco-British Lawyers Society, with the support of Bank Lombard Odier, is delighted to invite you to a seminar aiming to compare and contrast tax issues relating to private clients on both sides of the Channel and look at the specific issues arising in cross-border matters.
The specific tax issues which will be discussed will include the inheritance tax and the gift tax, as well as income tax questions and the French Impôt sur la Fortune Immobilière.
We will have the pleasure to have a panel composed of the following speakers:
- Géraldine Appert, is based in London and is Senior Vice President responsible for the Wealth Planning offering for the UK Market at Lombard Odier, with 25 years of experience in advising international ultra-high net worth individuals with cross border wealth and succession planning, and in particular UK Resident Non-Domiciled.
Prior to joining the Lombard Odier Group, she worked for Société Générale (SG) Private Banking in London and Singapore, heading up the international wealth planning team. She was also a Director of SG London and Singapore Trust Company.
In the first half of her career, Géraldine was a French Barrister at the Paris Bar litigating in international contentious succession and a qualified UK Private Client solicitor in London. She is also fully STEP qualified.
- Sarah Bogard, Senior Solicitor and Chartered Tax Adviser in the Private Client, Trusts and Estates team, as well as head of the French Property, Tax and Estates Team, at Furley Page. Her area of expertise lies in both English and French law for private individuals, including wills and succession planning, and English trusts to issues that might arise from French property ownership (such as advising British clients in respect of French property transactions and estate administrations).
- Patrick Delas, Senior Associate at Russell Cooke Solicitors whose specialty includes advising on French and cross-border issues-including inheritance tax, capital gains tax, wealth tax and trust reporting obligations.
- Stéphanie Prudent, Fiscal Attachée before the French Embassy in London.
- Diane Le Grand de Belleroche, a partner at BeFair Avocats in Paris, Diane is an Avocat at the French Bar and a solicitor of England and Wales. She specialises in international private client matters, in particular in international successions, and advises clients both in France and abroad, with a particular focus on situations split between France and England, from the time of the estate planning to the moment of the administration. She is fully STEP qualified and she regularly publishes articles and speaks at conferences in France and abroad.
Diane will also intervene as the panel moderator.
To reserve a place, please email the FBLS Administrator at email@example.com. Numbers are limited and registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration for non-FBLS members is £20.
You can pay via PayPal and confirm by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by bank transfer:
Barclay’s Bank, Victoria Branch
L’Association des Juristes Franco-Britanniques / The Franco British Lawyers Society Ltd
Sort Code: 20-94-48
Account Number: 30829862
Please include the following reference when making the transfer: Ctax
We invite you to join the Franco-British Lawyers Society (https://fbls.eu/).